Monday, July 18, 2005

Dance on, Gypsy Queen


The library is loud. It is always loud. Luckily I have my GNIPS with me and Van Morrison is the only person I can hear. It is hard to imagine Van at this age, doing this stuff. I can only remember him as a middle aged man really. I saw him supporting Bob Dylan one time. He was great but the whole thing was a bit of a downer as he was so grumpy. It was a bit of a relief when Bob came on to liven things up...

I was going to post a picture of him but I don't know if you're allowed to do that sort of thing and he's a bit litigious I think so I'd better not. I am a bit scared of Van Morrison. Here's a nice picture of Bob instead.

4 comments:

Ed said...

I saw that tour, too! 1998 - I didn't have much time for Van, but Bob was ok. Bob's 2002 tour was much better

mister tumnus said...

i saw him last year and he was excellent. i nearly went home because i was pregnant and grumpy and the venue was hateful. but i'm glad i stuck around for bob. he did 'every grain of sand' which is our wedding song and it was lovely. he also did an amusing one note keyboard solo which seemed to go on forever.

Ed said...

I love the Bootleg version of Every Grain of Sand, where the dog starts barking - it's a wonderful moment. I really liked the countryfied version of Blowing in the Wind, and Solid Rock (the only good song from Saved)

mister tumnus said...

i haven't heard any of those but will ask my father in law who is a dylan nut. thanks !