Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Surprise


I have had a surprising and pleasant (although not surprising because they were pleasant) few days. Donegal was ultralovely and Ana was really excited to be hanging out with another wee’n. She was better on the car journey than I had anticipated and we even had our first in-car-nappy experience. Nice.

Another surprising thing was that I made my first successful purchase on ebay. Ana has a Spanish Elmo dvd that really cracks her up so I got her an Elmo for a fiver. Anything else I’ve bought on ebay has been broken or not-as-described. Elmo arrived after a night of teething trauma (at least I bloody hope it was teething! The noise! Gadzooks!) and he really cheered everyone up.

Last night I went to see Franz Ferdinand and the Scissor Sisters. We just caught the end of FF really although they seemed really good. Very cool. The Scissor Sisters I found surprising for the following reasons:


I knew more of their songs than I thought I did.


Some of their songs reminded me of Rufus Wainwright.


The singers were very good singers.


The boy singer could do West End, even.


The boy singer could be some of the students that I teach. He would be on Ritalin for sure.


It was maybe the most colourful (literally) show I’ve ever been at.


It was inspiring I think.

No comments: