It is my birthday tomorrow. So in honour of myself I googled-imaged 'Shirley'.
I found, amongst other things;
- a very scary looking Shirley Temple doll,
- a school in New Zealand called 'Shirley High School for Boys',
- a photograph of someone's gravestone (Shirley's),
- a painting of a man with a beard called 'Portrait of Shirley',
- a 9200lb elephant called Shirley (and you can buy a t-shirt with her picture on. How glad am I that this knowledge was not available when I was a teenager?),
- a picture of Shirley McClaine in a green outfit
- and the knowledge that there are several places called 'Shirley' and a number of flowers.
Lilies are my favourite sort of flower ( not this sort, although I like them very much) . But oddly, the 'Shirley' lily is the sort that my mother-in-law buys me every-so-often. I didn't know until today that that's what they were called. The power of google.