Tuesday, December 05, 2006

he had so much to say but more to show

Have been thinking about what I might try and submit for the Ikon art exhibition thingy in the Waterfront next year. There will be proper artists doing stuff for this so even if I did get time to put something together it will probably not shape up to standard. Which is fine by me really. I am quite excited just by the idea of having a go. Last night I had an idea of what I might try to do. It is something that must have been influenced by the above Rothko which is stuck on our living room door (postcard size. I have no idea how big the original was but I'm willng to bet ours is a little smaller...). I have no idea how to paint though. It's in my head but I don't know how to get it out.... Normally words are the only way I can do that, so it will be interesting to see if there is another way.



2 comments:

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

pick up a brush and make some marks on a canvass.... it's as simple and difficult as that

cs

mister tumnus said...

well i did it. there are things about it that i like, which is good anough for me at the minute. further drafts to follow perhaps.