Friday, December 08, 2006

Man....

So what do you know? Just saw this. It is so weird how this happens. You hear something (or see it) and immediately your brain usurps it as its own. I must have seen this a few days hence somewhere.... I had a kind of waking dream about it (had just woken up, half asleep) and its direct meaning for me.... and then I painted it....

It's like those times that students hand in a poem written by a famous poet to see if you'll be able to spot it or to check if you really hate them... *

Am only half disappointed. At least I don't have to rush out and buy a print of the above!

*[edit: on reflection I see how it is more like a student who thinks they have written Ulysses...]

5 comments:

The Father said...

my my ........ i do like


and by the way harbour of ourselves snores like a cs

mister tumnus said...

lol.

you likey? (sure you're lookin at mine and not the rothko?!?) cheers dear father. i have an idea for the next one and will make jolly sure i scour the web for famous paintins that might be enhabiting my psyche before i exhibit...

mister tumnus said...

enhabiting?! lordy....

you know what i meant though.

Nick said...

You'd love the Tate Modern. There's a whole room of Rothko paintings like this.

mister tumnus said...

is that u moog? yeh i was at tate modern with samrunningman earlier this year but only in the hall and the shop (didn't have time to actually see anything else). would love to go back and see the rothko stuff.