Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oh, the water.... part two

I went for a walk in the forest today accompanied by a Doctor Who audio drama, courtesy of the Transatlantic Library (many thanks to Ray).

I find it really hard to listen to audio books. Without the benefit of something to hold my eyes my mind usually wanders off somewhere else. I always think I'll be able to listen to them in bed but then I fall asleep. I did drift off a bit today at points but it was kind of nice to let the story wash over me somewhat. There's always the rewind button if you miss an important bit.

The thing I like about Doctor Who (one of the things) is how it is often the case that the Doctor is the only person who can solve whatever problem they are facing but it is also often the case that the problem has been partially his fault in the first place. Sometimes I think his character is extra-human rather than non-human. Maybe that's what comes of having more than one heart.


3 comments:

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

can you imagine the feeling of more than one heart breaking?

mister tumnus said...

i guess regeneration would be nesscessary in such circumstances...

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

can't think of anything else - blimey - more than one heart, afraid CS just couldn't cope!