Thursday, April 26, 2007

Happy Place

A few days ago The Harbour of Ourselves (sometimes we deserve our full title, right CS?) posted about his 'happy place' asking people to respond. I thought about this for ages. The Father's post about Nendrum also holds resonance with me although I haven't been there for many years. There is at least one other place I could think of, but this is the one for now.

Over Easter I took my desk from the study and put it in the bedroom. In the study it was piled full and stuffed underneath with boxes and bags full of 'stuff' needing to be sorted or chucked out. Lest it was to become a dreadful metaphor for my existence I decided to make a move. The boxes are still waiting but they are in a different place and above you can see a picture of my desk as it is now. It only has stuff on it that I need or want. There is nothing underneath it so I can actually sit at it. Sometimes I let the cat sleep on it but apart from this privilege no-one else is allowed to leave 'stuff' on my desk. It is near my books. It has a beautiful view of the hills and an old Anglican church and round tower. It is a place full of peace and possibility.

If only I could get round to writing anything at it....

1 comment:

Rainbow dreams said...

What a lovely view you have from your desk.

I think we all need a happy place we can search out any time...
as well as those places that take a little longer to get to...