Sunday, May 06, 2007

bohemian! it's bohemian, ok?!

I swear I'm going to have that made into a banner for my kitchen wall.

7.30am this morning and I was lamenting being awake. Only those with small children are awake at this time on a Sunday, I thought. We were at my cousin's wedding yesterday and even though Ana had been up (with Ian. Thanks!) since 5.30am that morning and didn't go to bed until 10pm, still she wanted to get up and rock at 7.30 this morning. Lordy.

Then I read this on Sarah's blog and felt immediately better. I am thinking of you, Mairi, and everyone else who walks the path of warpy thoughts between the washing machine and the imagination. What did Charles Bukowski know about getting up at 5.30am on a Saturday against his will, eh?!




3 comments:

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

been meaning to sat this for a few days....your pad looks a lovely warm 'home' for your wee one to grow....

mister tumnus said...

thanks! i have an idea that i might post more photos of out house as it's such a tip and i know i always feel better when i see other people's houses looking untidy. aye, ana seems to be happy enough with the bombsite! like father like daughter.... :)

Rainbow dreams said...

Such a familiar scene with children around...:) Children seem to be programmed to get up at a set time regardless of what time they actually go to sleep.. or mine do anyway - it's the aftermath of grumpiness that get to me the most when thats happened...