Thursday, June 21, 2007

very knitty week

I've spent the last week indoors being a bit miserable and ill. Picked up some viral thing from Ana which made me all hot and cold and gave me a sore throat. I still kind of feel like I'm underwater. Anyway, in between sleeping and watching too much TV I knitted this for Ian. It's from a pattern I got on the internet but for anyone else thinkin' of pickin' up sticks I recommend the Stitch n' Bitch Handbook. Very readable and ace for a total beginner.

BTW, I have lost the charger for the camera so all photos of late have been taken with my phone.

6 comments:

Awareness said...

hope you're feeling better....wee gegs tend to pass on nasty viruses. Don't they know that mommas arent allowed to get sick?

I do love the knitted cap..... one is not allowed to wear it to the beach in the summer however. :)

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

hey mr t, most of my pics are from my phone too.....

ps, love the hat - me thinks it would suit my shaved head....

mister tumnus said...

awareness, thanks i'm feeling better now! maybe if i knit a big enough hat for the beach it would cover my whole face and then no-one would know it was me....

cs, you shaved yer head. nice one. if you really like the hat i would be glad to make one for your baldy bap. send me your postal address.

Rainbow dreams said...

Am plesaed you're on the mend, and am impressed with the hat.. I can't knit - I only ever learnt one stitch, so it would be a very long plain scarf....:)

mister tumnus said...

the hat only requires 2 different stitches (knit and purl) and i promise you, if you can get someone to show you how to purl or look it up on the internet it is very easy! i can send you the pattern if you like. i got it on the internet.

Rainbow dreams said...

cheers, I might just invest in a pair of needles and see where I get to :)