Sorry for the delay. Summer and all that. Here's what I've been up to:
- Took Ana swimming for the first time. I think it was the most exciting day of her life thus far. Goes down as one of mine too perhaps.
- Have been reading Harry Potter but only just starting the final book now. No spoilers! I am saving it for a day or two. I am so excited. My theory is (edit: I have deleted this as ian protested. he hates me voicing my theories about the way books/ films will turn out. I don't know why, they are normally wrong). I can explain this theory, and it does go beyond my love of Alan Rickman and the beautiful nomenclature of 'Severus', but I don't want to talk about it. Let's not talk about it, OK? Please!
- Working hard for Ikon. Very excited about the Greenbelt gig now!
- Clearing out the garden. Uprooted a big scary tree with Ian. Took a good few hours of digging, pick axing, stomping, shoving etc. One broken shovel and a lot of sweat and it's gone. The nice tree surgeon took care of the others (in about 10 seconds with his fancy uprooting machine). We now have a garden instead of a jungle and there is room for a SHED! I am going to have a shed. It's going to be MY SHED! A shed of one's own! Woo hoo!
- Reading 'Blankets' by Craig Thompson (many thanks Cary). I wish great graphic novels weren't so damn quick to read. It is fantastic. Any suggestions for other graphic novels of this ilk (autobiograhical or at least not sci-fi or fantasy etc.) would be most welcome. I have read 'Maus', 'Persepolis' and 'Ghost World' and I don't want 'Blankets' to be the last one. They have all been wonderful. And too quick in the reading.
- Getting a story I wrote on the Greenbelt website! Another 'Woo Hoo!'
So it's been a good summer despite the crappy weather.
Get back to you when the shed's here maybe.....