Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It's been a long time comin'

Sorry for the delay. Summer and all that. Here's what I've been up to:

  • Took Ana swimming for the first time. I think it was the most exciting day of her life thus far. Goes down as one of mine too perhaps.
  • Have been reading Harry Potter but only just starting the final book now. No spoilers! I am saving it for a day or two. I am so excited. My theory is (edit: I have deleted this as ian protested. he hates me voicing my theories about the way books/ films will turn out. I don't know why, they are normally wrong). I can explain this theory, and it does go beyond my love of Alan Rickman and the beautiful nomenclature of 'Severus', but I don't want to talk about it. Let's not talk about it, OK? Please!

  • Working hard for Ikon. Very excited about the Greenbelt gig now!
  • Clearing out the garden. Uprooted a big scary tree with Ian. Took a good few hours of digging, pick axing, stomping, shoving etc. One broken shovel and a lot of sweat and it's gone. The nice tree surgeon took care of the others (in about 10 seconds with his fancy uprooting machine). We now have a garden instead of a jungle and there is room for a SHED! I am going to have a shed. It's going to be MY SHED! A shed of one's own! Woo hoo!
  • Reading 'Blankets' by Craig Thompson (many thanks Cary). I wish great graphic novels weren't so damn quick to read. It is fantastic. Any suggestions for other graphic novels of this ilk (autobiograhical or at least not sci-fi or fantasy etc.) would be most welcome. I have read 'Maus', 'Persepolis' and 'Ghost World' and I don't want 'Blankets' to be the last one. They have all been wonderful. And too quick in the reading.
  • Getting a story I wrote on the Greenbelt website! Another 'Woo Hoo!'
And apart from all this, getting wet in the rain like everyone else and contemplating the year ahead in school, not running very often and discovering Facebook, liking 'Carnivale' a lot and not liking 'the West Wing' quite as much as I want to (conversations need to be had about this with the die hard fans out there; Why do I look at Martin Sheen as the president and think of Robin Williams as Mr Keating?!), going to the cinema with Ian for the first time in a very long time (to see Harry Potter- fab), seeing Foy Vance in concert and realising how long it's been since I saw any live music and loving being able to find a quiet spot on the floor with a view directly to the stage where I could sit on my own and doodle for a while... lovely lovely.....

So it's been a good summer despite the crappy weather.

Get back to you when the shed's here maybe.....

7 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

great story..:) will have to read again such are good stories I need to absorb and digest...
thanks for the pointers on books - read blankets too - and loved it...
I am still waiting for my shed .. an anniversary present from two years ago - who says romance is dead??...!
hope yours arrives soon, have a fun filled rest of the summer, Katie,x

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

deserved fully.....

mister tumnus said...

katie- glad you liked the story! hey, put the pressure on for that shed! 2 years? you could have built your own by now! :)

paul- that's kind. thanks. it has been a blessed time. i might even believe in god by the end of it... we'll see. greenbelt could be a deciding factor....

mister tumnus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rainbow dreams said...

too true - one day he'll come home and find it's mission accomplished...a girl can get tired of waiting...:)

enjoy greenbelt

me said...

a shed of own's one... what every woman needs! so glad to hear blankets has made its way to you. it disappears so fast but stays in the memory long after...and as for jed, if he doesn't grow on you, maybe sam or cj will??!

mister tumnus said...

hi rd. thanks. i hope it won't rain too much at gb!

hi me. my shed has been ordered. so exciting! yes, i have to say that watching the west wing might be the first time i have ever enjoyed watching rob lowe. quite liking his character. and also loking forward to seeing stockard channing (have only seen a couple of episodes so far). there is hope!