Saturday, September 08, 2007

birthday cake

It is my birthday, so as Walt Whitman never said, I celebrate myself and google myself. This year I found:

Photos of a birthday party from a witches' coven group, one of whom is called Shirley.

A news story about a 15 year old girl who shares my name and who decided not to stay at home on a particular day, thus avoiding death when a plane crashed into her house.

My story on the Greenbelt website! (Hurray! First time I've googled me and actually found me!)

An article about ice fishing.

This picture:




Fitting, I think you'll agree.

Many thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday. Thanks for the cocktails, the intergalactic songs, the seaweed, the good wishes....

x

11 comments:

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

well, elvis is singing on the radio and you have cocktails and seaweed, what more does one need - my boy (eating seaweed yesterday) actually asked it came from fish peeing....not his fathers son for nothing I guess

happy day of birth.....

Rainbow dreams said...

ice fishing?..

many happy belated returns,x

mister tumnus said...

thanks youse two. the ice fishing article was written by someone who shares my name. it always comes up when i do an egogoogle.

great story paul! my daughter woke up this morning and her first words were 'birthday cake!'... must be genetic...

Kenny said...

happy birthday for saturday from a new donegal friend. i liked meeting you and ian on the island of roy. you wrote down your email address and it got lost in a car fully of kiddy junk. i have some pictures of anna's wellies that i'd love to send you. and maybe meet up and take a few more and visit that farmers market? or something.

mister tumnus said...

hi kenny! good to hear from you! yes, it'd be great to meet up . i've sent an email to someone who might be you. let me know if you don't get it!!

Rainbow dreams said...

hiya, I never get tagged for things ... but I did ... and I tagged you... hope you don't mind, just for fun, Katie,x

mister tumnus said...

that would be my first tag! thanks rd!

Niki said...

So sorry I missed it. Happy (very belated) birthday.

Rainbow dreams said...

Just popping by to say hi, hope you're ok there and how's it going?
Katie,x

mister tumnus said...

hi rd. it's been a crazy month so i haven't blogged much. got to straigten that out soon! thanks for saying hi! are you well?

Rainbow dreams said...

hiya, yes I'm well...and fortunately so are the rest of the crew...in the midst of new job possibilities and transition to secondary school...hormones and change...teenagers in the making...never sure I'm ready for the next challenge but we cope...I think!
Look forward to seeing you here whenever you manage, hope it gets less crazy soon, x