Sunday, January 18, 2009

Interview Game

Thanks to Niki for helping me think of something to blog. I am unwell at the minute (again) but on the mend. Let me know if you'd like to be a part of this (see rules at the bottom) and I will inspire you to blog as well!


1. What was the single most happy day in your life?

I don't know. I've had lots of happy moments but not sure about a day I would remember as most happy. I think I would trade the moments over the days though: birth of Ana, finding the free champagne on honeymoon in Barcelona, cocktails in Barcelona, arriving in Granada, walking in the hills, millenium New Year in a remote cottage in Donegal, and several moments of meeting some wonderful people (insert your own name here).

2. Do you think social networking sites (like Facebook) have brought people closer together, or pushed us farther apart?

Neither. I'm not sure people should give too much thought to Facebook. It is what you want it to be and if you don't like it you shouldn't bother with it. I've found it really useful for keeping in touch with people who are far away- especially family- so I guess it has brought me closer to them in that way. And there have been several of the kind of happy moments listed above that have come about (by nesscessity, or maybe not) because of facebook (like Peterson's visit last year) and I am very grateful for that.

3. Do you think that the journey can be the best part of the trip?

Not sure. The train journey from Lyon to Chambery was memorable but the food in Lyon and hanging out with my friends in Chambery were really wonderful so it wasn't the best part of the trip. I guess you could say that everything is 'journey' really- there is only journey.

4. Have you ever been shopping to make yourself feel better, and then come home feeling worse?

Almost every time! However, I am recently beginning to appreciate ways to better retail therapize! When it's good it's very, very good :). My main tip is, dress up to go shopping- and drink some Prosecco while you're out and about- don't rely on the shopping itself to make you feel good because changing room mirrors often suck!

5. How many hours on average do you sleep per night?

Not enough at the minute :( I usually need a good 8 hours if i can get it.

Thanks Niki- I enjoyed doing this. Good questions!


So there you have it... here are the rules.

•Leave me a comment requesting an interview.
•I will e-mail you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
•You then answer the questions on your blog.
•You should also post these rules along with an offer to interview anyone else who e-mails you wanting to be interviewed.
•Anyone who asks to be interviewed should be sent 5 questions to answer on their blog.
•It would be nice if the questions were individualized for each blogger.

3 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

Hey Shirley, get well soon...

great answers, moments can change a whole day can't they? And you sound like the perfect shopping partner :)

Am pleased to be able to share some of the journey with you, good to see you again here,

best wishes,
Katie
x

Nikita said...

Well done Shirley :)

Loved your answers... and so true about the changing room mirrors!

Get Well Soon

xxx

Annie said...

Well done - I love your answers! And I'd like to do the same if you could send me some questions....

Annie